DEFRA consultation on POPs17th March 2017
Development of gas storage facility consented20th March 2017
The Water Environment (Water Framework Directive) (England and Wales) Regulations 2017. Comes into force 10th April. These Regulations revoke and replace the Water Environment (Water Framework Directive) (England and Wales) Regulations 2003 (SI 2003/3242). The Regulations transpose for England and Wales Directive 2000/60/EC; Water Framework Directive, Directive 2006/118/EEC; Protection of groundwater and Directive 2008/105/EC; Environmental quality standards.
- Part 2 places a requirement on the EA and NRW to identify river basin districts and characterise and classify the status of water bodies in those districts
- Part 3 covers the protection of water
- Part 4 sets out what monitoring of water quality the EA and NRW must undertake in relation to water bodies, including protected areas.
- Part 5 provides for the establishment of environmental objectives for each water body, and programmes of measures to meet those
- Part 6 deals with river basin management plans.