Cheshire construction company fined £97,5002nd February 2016
Environment Agency consultation3rd February 2016
DEFRA is consulting on proposals for the Drinking Water Regulations 2016. Consultation closes 14th This consultation seeks views on regulations which will revoke and replace the Water Supply (Water Quality) Regulations 2000 and the Private Water Supplies Regulations 2009. The main points to note are:
- Application of new monitoring requirements for radioactive substances as laid down in Directive 2013/51/EURATOM.
- For public water supply; the introduction of two changes, one to reduce the waiting time relating to the use of new sources of water and one to clarify requirements concerning data storage.
- Bringing new private water supplies into the monitoring regime.
- Additional wording and numbering changes to improve clarity where the Drinking Water Directive (Council Directive 98/83/EC) has been transposed.
- Changes to improve clarity of the regulations for water companies and local authorities