SI 2024/639
16th May 2024
Consultation on changes to UK REACH
17th May 2024

Lincolnshire waste management company find £200,000

A Lincolnshire waste management company has been fined £200,000 after a worker suffered burns to body and face. An investigation by HSE found that the task was not part of the normal workload for the injured worker and that he had not received any training with regards to undertaking electrical work.  The task had not been properly planned nor risk assessed and the electrical cables were not isolated before work began.  In addition, the level of supervision provided was inadequate and safety devices on the electrical supply had been set inappropriately, prioritising continuity of supply over safety of the electrical circuit.