The European Chemical Agency has published new tools available to estimate environmental emissions of biocides.
Easy-to-use calculation sheets are available for ten biocidal product-types to help estimate the release of substances from the products to the environment. These are for
• disinfectants for human hygiene (pt 1),
• disinfectants and algaecides not intended for direct application to humans or animals (pt 2),
• food and feed area (pt 4),
• drinking water (pt 5),
• preservatives for fibre, leather, rubber and polymerised materials preservatives (for textiles) (pt 9),
• pest control: Rodenticides (pt 14),
• avicides (pt 15); Insecticides, acaricides and products to control other arthropods (for textiles) (pt 18),
• repellents and attractants (pt 19)
• other biocidal products for embalming and taxidermist fluids (pt 22).
Sheets for other product-types will follow in the course of 2016.