SSI 2016/ 2516th September 2016
DCLC consultation on implementation of neighbourhood planning regulations.8th September 2016
The European Commission is carrying out a public consultation on the enhancement of the social legislation in road transport. Consultation closes 11th December.
The consultation is to
- gain views on all elements relevant for the assessment of the functioning of the social rules in road transport, as well as to express their positions on the possible/desirable changes to the regulatory framework.
- gather specialised input (data and factual information, expert views) on specific aspects of the legislation (e.g. working and business conditions, enforcement methods and tools, etc.)
Relevant legislation is:
- the driving time Regulation (EC) 561/2006 establishes minimum requirements on daily and weekly driving times, breaks, daily and weekly rest periods, which must be observed by drivers and operators.
- the working time Directive 2002/15/EC lays down the rules on the organisation of the working time of persons performing mobile road transport activities. It complements the Regulation’s provisions by introducing the requirements on the maximum weekly working times, minimum breaks in work and on the night work.
- the enforcement Directive 2006/22/EC sets out minimum requirements for Member States to check compliance by drivers and operators with the Regulation’s provisions.